defurl

Powered by WebRing.

Thursday 23 September 2010

She's ours!

It's official! we are the proud new owners of Angel ... it's as tense as buying a house and as exciting as buying a new car!

Dec has a new friend which he insists comes with us, any suggestions for his name would be welcome,  apparently he's the security guard!

Still packing things ready to go, the last was a real bargain from local ebay ... but Dec had to travel through druid filled Avebury to collect it!  The pile in the Dinning Room has grown but our kitchen cupboards are emptying.

Dec's now planning every possible camera angle and shot but I have to keep reminding him that he's driving the boat. Yes, I am going to drive it, all 12 tonnes of steel around the canal systems, yes, little ole me (with the aid of a step!).... Now, Dec where did you say the brake was?

(Oh dear, you'll be asking where the steering wheel is next!)

Just had a look at MapMyRide.com, which I have used before when I had a spurt of cycling, and I will attempt to map our journey as we go using the iPhone.  We will post daily progress and maps on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the boat purchase! Even though I'm heading off yachting in the sun tomorrow I'm more than a little bit jealous. The idea of spending a week taking the slow road to Saul sounds entertaining and relaxing, as long as the boys are on lock duty!

    ReplyDelete